August 03, 2021
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, August 3) - Public transportation will continue to operate in Metro Manila during the period of enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 6 to 20, the Department of Transportation said Tuesday.
However, Transportation Secretary noted that only authorized persons outside residence (APORs) will be allowed in public transportations.
“APORs are reminded to be ready to present to transport marshals identification cards issued by the IATF or other documents or IDs as proof that they are authorized to travel,” Tugade said in a statement.
The DOTr added that public utility vehicles, such as buses and jeepneys, are allowed to operate at 50% capacity during ECQ.
Motorcycle taxi services and transport network vehicle service will also be allowed to operate until Aug. 20.
Meanwhile, tricycles are only allowed to have one passenger in the side car. But their operations shall be approved by the Department of Interior and Local Government and the local government unit, the DOTr said.
Moreover, the train systems in the country will also operate during the stricter lockdown. Marshals will remain inside the trains, which will be disinfected after every loop, said Tugade.
“Domestic flights and sea travel in the NCR will also continue during the ECQ, subject to community quarantine restrictions of the destinations," the statement added.
The DOTr also said that transport marshals will be deployed at terminals and stations.
Public transportation was suspended during the first imposition of enhanced community quarantine in Luzon from March 16 to May 14 last year. Land, air, and sea travel were restricted then.
When Metro Manila and four nearby provinces (Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal) were placed under ECQ from March 29 to April 4, public transportation was made available but at limited capacity.