July 02, 2021
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 30) - Malacañang on Wednesday released the final community quarantine classifications for July, with Apayao in the Cordillera Administrative Region now under general community quarantine (GCQ) from July 1-15, and Ifugao under modified GCQ until July 31.
Apayao was previously under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) while Ifugao was under GCQ. The Inter-Agency Task Force approved the appeal of both provinces to have their classifications lowered.
The Palace already announced on Tuesday the new quarantine classifications for July that President Rodrigo Duterte "preliminary approved." But local government units were allowed to make appeals until the evening.
Metro Manila, Rizal, and Bulacan will remain under GCQ "with some restrictions" while Laguna and Cavite are still under GCQ "with heightened restrictions" until July 15.
Here are the other areas to be placed under GCQ until July 31:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Baguio City
- Region 2: City of Santiago, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino
- Region 4-A: Batangas, Quezon
- Region 6: Guimaras, Aklan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Antique, Capiz
- Region 9: Zamboanga Sibugay, City of Zamboanga
- Region 10: Iligan City
- Region 11: General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, Cotabato, South Cotabato
- CARAGA: Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte
- BARMM: Cotabato City
Aside from Apayao, the following areas will also be under MECQ until July 15:
- Region 2: Cagayan
- Region 3: Bataan
- Region 4-A: Lucena City
- Region 4-B: Puerto Princesa City
- Region 5: Naga City
- Region 6: Iloilo City, Iloilo province
- Region 7: Negros Oriental
- Region 9: Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur
- Region 10: Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11: Davao City, Davao Oriental, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, Davao del Norte
- CARAGA: Butuan City, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Sur
All other areas in the country will be placed under modified GCQ for the whole month of July.
To date, the total number of coronavirus infections in the country has reached 1,412,559 with 48,649 active cases. Recoveries are currently at 1,339,248 while the death toll is at 24,662.