In your new role as a new or emerging leader, public speaking is a critical tool in: managing your team; coordinating with other teams and leaders; providing presentations and conducting and directing meetings; and, even hosting events and corporate programs. This course will provide you with the fundamental principles and guidelines on how to best improve your verbal communications against the backdrop of today’s technology-driven business and the power of the customer.
- Illustrates the need to employ the basic principles of verbal communications within today's fast-paced business and social environments.
- Provides the fundamentals on how to adapt public speaking within the context of customer service.
- Explains how to incorporate continual improvement in verbal communications for professional development.
Methodologies: Presentations and lectures with discussions of case studies; Pre-course assignment (to be done one week before the actual course); and Workshop on application of public speaking guidelines.
- Treating the Cause, Not the Symptoms
- Today’s Business and Social Environment
- The P-CORE2 Paradigm
- Plenary Activity
- The Pitfalls in Verbal Communications
- C2 - Confidence and Context
- Your Personality is Your Foundation
- Your Biology Contains Your Tools
- Your Mind and Your Heart
- O2 - Observation and Organization
- Treat Others as You Would Treat Yourself
- Experience is a Key Tool in Learning
- Grammar, Syntax, and Structure
- Activity (Teams)
- R2 - Research and Reception
- The Clarity of Your Topic
- Your Preparation and Unforeseen Matters
- Guiding Your Audience
- E2 - Enthusiasm and Enlightenment
- The Influences on Your Personality
- The Definition of a Public Speaker
- What Continual Improvement Should Mean to You
- Opportunity for Improvement
- Workshop Delivery and Feedback
- Open Discussions of Concerns
- P2 - Practice
- The Power of 3 – The Keys to Public Speaking
- Positioning Yourself in a Fast-Paced World
- Closing/End of Training Session
Benjamin M. Los Baños
Essential People Skills Trainer/Consultant
Benjie Los Baños has more than 30 years of experience in marketing communications, corporate communications, corporate relations, crisis communications, marketing services support, and sales process support. He is a highly competent trainer in the fields of public speaking, marketing communication, and leadership with advanced skills in: feature and publicity writing; speech writing; advertising ideation and copywriting; audio-visual script writing; events planning, execution, and hosting. Additionally, he is an Advanced Communicator in Toastmasters International where he is a current member of Achievers Toastmasters Club 9398-75; and, has had previous roles as a charter member, club president, vice president, and area governor.
For more than a decade, Benjie served concurrent roles in a multinational company for corporate marketing, corporate sustainability, business continuity, and essential people skills training. Previous to this, he has been involved in various industries.
No shows will be billed at full cost. Cancellations should be made at least 48 hours/two working days before the event.
Participants from outside Manila, requiring airfare and hotel bookings, should coordinate with ECCP for final confirmation of course schedule before booking. The ECCP shall not be responsible for charges incurred for changes in booking or flights.
For confirmations and more information, please contact
Ms. Nichole Raynera of ECCP at (02) 8845 1324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org