This module looks at coaching both from a research perspective and a practical people development approach. It aims to discuss coaching with the following objectives in mind:
- Define coaching from a research perspective and explain distinctions of the various coaching methodologies applied in various organizations (e.g. counselling, feedback-giving, mentoring, etc.).
- Describe the importance of establishing good coaching relationships and its effects on employee and individual performance.
- Discuss important coach attributes that enable positive responses from coachees to perform better.
- Identify coachee attributes that are helpful in creating a safe space for coaching.
- Practice an effective coaching process that will lead towards successful attainment of goals for the coach, coachee and the organization they both belong to.
- Review communication skills necessary for effective coaching.
- Introduction to Coaching
- Definitions and Distinctions of Coaching
- The Benefits of Coaching based on Research
- The Benefits of Coaching in Practice
- Research-Based Factors that Affect Coaching Outcomes
- The Coaching Relationship
- The Coach Attributes
- The Coachee Attributes
- The Coaching Process
- Communication Skills for Effective Coaching
- Listening as an effective communication skill for coaching
- Asking Powerful Questions as an effective communication skill for coaching
- Summary and Conclusion
How to access the webinar: In a separate email, you will receive the link sent via ZOOM/ECCP.
For inquiries, kindly email email@example.com