Get more out of your work by partnering with your boss!
Attend this seminar and master techniques for effective goal setting, prioritizing, planning, decision making, relationship building and listening. Learn how to communicate confidently and assertively -- and develop and use power and authority.
You'll return to work better able to support your organization's/boss's goals, adapt to various communication styles to successfully influence and work with your boss and others, establish trust, credibility and authority to strengthen your relationship with your boss.
How You Will Benefit
- Consistently anticipate your boss's needs
- Gain the respect of your boss and be taken seriously
- Get what you need from others to accomplish your job and achieve your boss's goals
- Have the authority to make -- and act on-decisions
- Confidently represent your boss
- Be seen by your boss and by others as a valuable professional resource
- Develop a trusting relationship with your boss
- Partner with multiple bosses and other office professionals
- Effectively use time and get more things done in a day
Who Should Attend
- Senior administrative support staff
- Executive secretaries
- Administrative assistants
- Staff assistants
- Executive assistants
What You Will Cover
- Defining the Strategic Partnership
- Identify the characteristics of effective partnering with your boss and use these features to create a positive partnership
- Developing a Trusting Relationship with the Boss
- Adapt methods to complement the boss's preferences by completing a self-evaluation exercise and creating a blueprint for change
- Planning Skills to Anticipate and Proactively Support the Boss
- Choose and apply the active listening skills that allow you to anticipate the boss's needs by completing a communication assessment and enacting a listening skills role play
- Extending the Partnership
- Define and integrate your personal power bases by revisiting trust…and by completing a "power-base planner"
- Aligning and Expanding Partnering Relationships
- Use influencing and persuasive communication skills in planning and delivering a business case presentation
(includes coffee breaks, lunches, seminar materials and certificate of attendance)
For inquiries, please contact Kamyr Catapang on email@example.com.