This module highlights importance of effective communication in today’s work environment since recent studies indicate that managers typically spend 60 to 80 percent of their time in all forms of communication. With emphasis on the communication process model, it will focus on possible breakdowns or ways a message can be misunderstood. Thus, setting a mindset that provides the concentration to design the initial message effectively and to be prepared in intervening at the appropriate time.
Although businesses have many different ways of communicating, both internally and externally, not all of these methods can be relied upon to produce desired results. Most often, organizations found that most of their mistakes are caused by sharing information that is either inaccurate or transmitted in a manner that creates confusion. Therefore, it is important to understand the most appropriate techniques both for oral and written forms.
After successfully completing this module for two days, participants will be able to:
- identify and appreciate the range of written and oral communication used in a business.
- appreciate effective and ineffective written and oral communication forms.
- check where and when barriers to communication exist.
- understand how to conduct successful business team meetings and presentations.
- apply techniques which will improve their personal written and oral communication skills.
- develop the self-confidence, right frame of mind, and approach to speaking.
- strengthen communication fundamentals through the proper application of business writing etiquette.
Supervisors, Managers, and Senior Leaders
Module 1: Foundation of Communication Theory
- The Communication Process
- Communication Analysis
- Barriers and Noise of Communication
- Top Reasons for Communication Failure
Module 2: Foundation of Effective Oral Communication
- Mehrabian Theory of Oral Communication
- Vocal Quality Analysis
- Vocal Projection Factors Affecting Assertiveness
- 4 Types of Oral Communication Styles
- Addressing verbal fillers
- Organizing thoughts
- Non Verbal & Verbal Communication Messaging
- Effective Listening Skills
Module 3: Foundation of Effective Written Communication
- The Writing Process
- Sentence construction
- Writing Styles
- Standards of Different Business Correspondence
Php 16,500 – ECCP Members
Php 18,500 – Non Members
For confirmations and more information, please contact
Ms. Kamyr Catapang of ECCP at 845 1324 or email email@example.com