The Philippines has 7 million elders aged 60 years old and above to date. This sector is projected to increase up to 19.6 million in 2040. This increasing number further leads to geriatric care in nutrition and medication that are not only specialized but also expensive.
In this regard, the government has signed R.A. 9994 known as the Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010. This law amended the 1992 Republic Act 7432 that initially maximized the contribution of senior citizens to nation building, grant benefits and special privileges. With the latest amendment, it states that there should be a comprehensive and rehabilitative geriatric service and geriatric ward in all government hospitals nationwide. Since 2010, what have we achieved and how do we fare now?
The Ageing Markets and Geriatric Care Forum will delve into further questions and address the following concerns:
- How is R.A. 9994 being implemented? What are its impacts/outcomes?
- What has been done from the public and private sectors? How will they work together in shaping the future of geriatric care in the Philippines?
- What can future retirement/ nursing home developers learn from the existing establishments in terms of
best practices and gaps?
Companies and individuals from identified industries who will most benefit in shaping the ideal geriatric care in the Philippines.
Who Should Attend?
- Real Estate/ Property Developers
- Laboratories, diagnostics, pharmaceutical
- Medical Professionals
- Government agencies & NGOs
- PhP 1,300 Members
- PhP 1,600 Non-members
- PhP 1,800 Walk-ins
To register, please fill out this form and fax back to (+632) 845.1323 or (+632) 759.6690. Kindly attention to Ms. Chen Pilar. You can also e-mail the form to email@example.com. For further inquiries, please call (+632) 845.1324 and look for Ms. Chen Pilar.