The Joint Foreign Chambers (JFC) recently launched a paper called “Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on the Philippines; Preparing to Rebuild Foreign Investment Flows” and outlined eight components of recommended strategy growth.
One of the recommendations is to “BUILD REALLY BIG WINNERS.”
We said that fortunately, there are quite a number of sectors that offer great potential to create millions of new jobs and billions of dollars of new direct and indirect revenues for the public sector.
Let’s look at them one-by-one briefly:
- Agro-Industrial Development
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Creative Industries
- Semiconductor and Electronics Industries
- Manufacturing and Logistics
- Mining Industries
- Tourism (including medical travel and tourism)